ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752794 Members
5719 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Boot Logical Drive is Configured but is missing or Offline

DeVisdude

It worked for me too, except the sentence was a bit different for me: controller slot=1 logicaldrive 1 modify bootvolume=none

I Did it and its working Now :-)

below is the Steps:

1:start the computer and wait till you see; "Press F8 to run option ROM configuration for Array utility"

2-Press F8, you will see the Main Menu, Select the last option "Select Boot Volume"

3:Select in  Direct attached storage,

4:if you see first logicar drive 01 select it .

5:Press F8 To save Logical Drive 01 as Boot Volume.

6:Press F8 to Exit and start with New Boot Volum.

Good Luck!

rianui
Trusted Contributor

Hossein, you are the best!

You saved me hours of trouble :-)

A.Maksimov
Advisor

Try HP Offline Smart Storage Administrator and "Set Bottable Logical Drive/Volume" option

HP Smart Array P400i — Boot Logical Drive is configured but is Missing or Offline

BG1017

This works.  Thank  you for the helpful information.  I am trying to get things done before vacation.

You made my life easier this week!

KevinK
Occasional Visitor

Thank you Hossein.  After motherboard replacement, I had the "Boot Logical Drive is Configured but is missing or Offline" error and your steps resolved the issue.  Server can boot the OS now!

aby1

Had same problem, now solved.

Hp Proliant DL380 G6    Controller P410i   firmware ver. 2.0      

Logical Drive is Configured but is missing or Offline ,  and did not have the option to select boot volume in the "controller bios"

This worked for me : 

Download  "HP ProLiant Offline Array Configuration Utility" iso file and made a boot CD,  there i could set the boot volume for the disks and i install win and boot from the disks, updatet my p410I controller to ver. 6.64 and now i have the options in the controller bios to select boot volume. 

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_3c888073127c4c65b7bd8559eb#tab3

/aby