ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748112 Members
3388 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Can I lookup server system specs by serial number?

SilvertipIT
Occasional Contributor

Can I lookup server system specs by serial number?

Trying to find information about an old system I am taking over.  I would like to get information like the system specs and maybe some diagrams.

Regards,

CS

P.S.This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers - Netservers to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) -HP Forums Moderator

13 REPLIES 13
srlg
Advisor

Re: Can I lookup server system specs by serial number?

no ,  don't think

彼此的真诚,共同的荣誉!
Keith Boddy
Occasional Advisor

Hi there,

I don't think so with the serial number.  But, if you get the server Model (ml350g4, ml150g2, etc) and maybe have a part number (123456-001), you could check the 'quickspecs' for the model info, which will list all the options for the server at that time - and if you're lucky maybe a SmartBuy model number that at least includes a few specific things included in that specific 'package'.

Regardless, the quickspecs would be the way to go.  Google the model number (ml350 g4) followed by quickspecs and you're sure to get results fast.

K

Alt-WN

Does anybody have quickspecs or any feature description of my model from ProLiant ML150 G6 family:

ProductNo: 470065-301 ?

The available QuickSpecs contain only models 466133-xx1, 466132-xx1, 466131-xx1.

Thanks.

Derek Balling
Advisor

No, and this is one area where HP could *really* take a cue from Dell.

If I've got the Dell serial number, I can go to their web site, and it'll give me the "as-shipped" specs for that box, including any/all options and customizations made to it on the factory floor.

Doesn't seem like it should be all that hard for HP to do that, especially since they already keep track of that information in a database for support-verification purposes.

Rex Easter

Marcsherman

Use7377wm9. I need the spec on this? What is the mem configuration?>
taken

FQ563AAR#ABA MX885005WY

SONJA123

CAN I LOOKUP SERVER SPECS BY SERIAL NUMBER.        Can I

marc756

@Derek Balling wrote:

No, and this is one area where HP could *really* take a cue from Dell.

If I've got the Dell serial number, I can go to their web site, and it'll give me the "as-shipped" specs for that box, including any/all options and customizations made to it on the factory floor.

Doesn't seem like it should be all that hard for HP to do that, especially since they already keep track of that information in a database for support-verification purposes.

This is something that annoys me for years.

@HP: It won't be a big deal for you to get this feature implemented since the information about all the servers is already available. Please get this done.