ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752544 Members
4749 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't Install / Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification Service

Wesley Whitworth

Can't Install / Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification Service

Hi. I am trying to put the latest PSP 8.60 on one of our servers. The problem is, I can't uninstall the HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification Service for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions 6.20.0.64 component - it keeps looking for deleted files in the C:\Windows\Temp folder.

I tried reinstalling the current version, it gives me the same error. I tried downloading the package, unpacking it in the folder it is looking for, it then just gives me an 'unspecified error' and won't install.

I downloaded the PSP removal tools, but even that couldn't get rid of the file and it still was there after reboot.

This is not some old version either, it is PSP 8.50 I am trying to upgrade.

Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Wesley Whitworth

Re: Can't Install / Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification Service

*bump*

FYI - I opened a case with ITRC and it has been escalated twice - five engineers (and counting) over the course of two weeks have yet to figure out how to uninstall a corrupted PSP.

CASE ID:4622215031