ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752571 Members
4894 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Compaq ml570 how to enter bios?

Greg helton

Compaq ml570 how to enter bios?

Probably a dumb question, but I cannot figure out how to enter the bios of this severs.

When the machine posts I would expect it to display hit f12 or hit the delete key etc.. to enter the bios. What am I missing? I’ve tried the smart start cd but did not see an option to edit the bios.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

P.S. This thread has been moevd from ProLiant Servers - Netservers o ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Re: Compaq ml570 how to enter bios?

If you are referring to the ML570 G2 or newer, you will need to press the F9 key when prompted to enter the RBSU (ROM Based Setup Utility).
gspivak

I have a pre-G2 Server, and F9 does not work to access BIOS so that I may disable the "Hit F1 to continue" when the machine restarts which means we can not work remotely if the system restarts.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

gspivak wrote:

I have a pre-G2 Server, and F9 does not work to access BIOS so that I may disable the "Hit F1 to continue" when the machine restarts which means we can not work remotely if the system restarts.

The old Compaq systems required booting from a version of Smart Start that supported the option to create a system partition. Later systems have the F9 option to enter RBSU and if I recall, those newer versions of Smart Sart wouldn't work with the older systems. You didn't have to create the system partition, but if not created, you had to boot from the ROM media anytime you wanted to make a change to the BIOS.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!