ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752577 Members
4279 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Creating an Intelligent Provisioning update mirror.

Dave73
Regular Advisor

Creating an Intelligent Provisioning update mirror.

The example in the user guide is for UNIX.

From a windows perspective, we would like to point the server to our SIM server which already down loads all our updates.

Any one done this ?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The only *NIX spedific commands I could see in the guide was on how to loop mount the .ISO images to copy the files. For Windows there are several programs that allow you to mount .ISO images. The rest of the instructions are pretty generic for any web server platform.

once you can access the .ISO internals, create an spp-version and and am ip-update directory that can be accessed via your webserver and copy the files from the .ISO images and the hp ftp site. 

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03182305/c03182305.pdf Section 3

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Dave73
Regular Advisor

Somethimes we should read further than the first utterance of UNIX, :)

Thanks, ill give feed back once done.

chipmc

That document is wholy insufficient.  I've done everything it asks but when it comes time to updating from intelligent provisioning I get an error saying it can't be found.  I've disabled firewalls, used IP address to eliminate DNS.  The document doesn't realy go into explaining what the exact replacement URL should be from the Intelligent Provisioning interface side which I'm sure makes all the difference.  I'm find that landing it on the virtual root or the HP_Manifest path to not be working.  I would prefer not to have to do a packet capture to get my devices updated correctly.

pahill
Frequent Visitor

agreed. that document (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03182305/c03182305.pdf)

is incomplete, unclear,  and just plain incorrect in several places.

best i could come up with is to download the manifest.zip  file from its intended  source (bad link in HP's own I.P. f10 boot firmware):

ftp.hp.com-> resolves to ftp.hpgtm.nsatc.net-> resolves to several IPs i think (one of which 15.216.110.140)

directory of "pub/softlib/software12/COL41043/sy-100035-1/hp_manifest.zip"

NOTE: that file does NOT exist on that server in that location. GREAT. THANKS. NOW "intelligent" provisioning firmware update just gets an http 302 redirect to HP's support landing page and just fails behind the scenes. (takes wireshark to find that out. see attachment)

workaround= you can get into the sub directory of above and find a hp_manifest.zip. (correct one? who knows.) then if you place that into your own ftp server (anonymous user) root dir, you can then change the "intelligent" provisioning preferences to your ftp server IP and when you attempt firmware update it will ~work...

not pretty, but seems to work. still waiting for a comprehensive intelligent provisioning manual.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THAT IS? DOES IT EXIST? if you google "hp-ipcli.exe" you get nothing. 

James Ayvaz
Advisor

Intelligent Provisioning versions prior to version 1.40 do not work with IIS when using HTTP protocol, you must use FTP or another webserver ( apache/nginx ).

The hp-ipcli command is available via the link in the user guide. 

Hope that helps.