108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL140 G2 Double CPU Windows Installation Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Koray ALKAN_1

DL140 G2 Double CPU Windows Installation Problem

Dear Friends,
As you know we can't install DL140G2 with smart start, I can easyly boot form w2k3 cd and istall OS.Is okay. But When I install second CPU (total 2 CPUs) and begin to setup, It freezes on the GUI section of the w2k3 setup. Have one of us experienced that kind of problem?
7 REPLIES 7
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

is 2nd CPU detected from POST ?
System ROM up to date ?
is CPU identical to first one ?
Koray ALKAN_1

Yes,2nd CPU detected from POST,
Yes,System ROM is up to date
Yes,2nd CPU is identical to first one.

I pressed F5 and selected "Multi CPU on ACPI" on text section of setup. But it freeses GUI section of setup again.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If we install the second processor after intallation what is the outcome.

Reason for doing so.
Because we can validate if we get any error since os will be there and we can check with memory dump else.

OR ELSE

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23182.html
use the link download the offline daignostics and run it under loops to validate the H/W of the server.

I think installing with one CPU is good. then install other becwe get more option to dig into.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Koray ALKAN_1

There is no problem if we install single CPU.

I installed the second processor after intallation. After the system opens and As I log on the system, it freezes without error again.
Grigoriy Keshelava
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem.
We have DL 140 G2 part number: 375592-421. The server has 2 CPU, 4 X 512 MB RAM, 2 HDD 80 GB SATA and CD-ROM. The problem is that installation of windows 2000/2003 hangs with two processors installed. I have tried with one processor and installation completes as normal, after that I have added second processor and after the first restart it hangs again. I├в ve tried installation with Hiperthreading enabled or dislabed - no effect. I can run safe in mode without problems, I├в ve tried to connect to SAC but no effect at all. I have ran Offline Diagnostic Ver. 7.0.2 A - no errors were found. I have tried also RedHat AS 4 server and no errors were found, I├в ve tried also with other Linux live distributions and works fine.
ritella
Occasional Advisor

I have the exact same problem on 5 machines. I have a case open at HP about that.

/Christian
ritella
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Problem solved with new Bios (version 2006.03.03 9 Mar 06).

/Chr