1748137 Members
3735 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G5 - Disk Drive Firmware update

Hondo_Au

DL360 G5 - Disk Drive Firmware update

Hi All,

I have inheritated old DL360 G5 that I'm setting up as lab and when I power on the server I get the following messages.

1770-Slot 0 Drive Array - Disk Drive Firmware Update Recommended - 
Please upgrade firmware on the following drive model(s) using ROM Flash 
Components (download from www.hp.com/support/proliantstorage):
Model DC146ABAB4 (minimum version = HPDA)

I have looked everywhere on the HP support site for the correct firmware and I have been unable to find it. As this server is out of support I'm hoping some one would be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

I also get the warning the Smart Array P400i controller battery is dead. Is this something that I really need to replace as I will only mainly be used as a lab for me to play around with.

2 SAS disks that came with the server works fine. I did add one Segate 2.5 500GB SSHD and its not picked up by the server at all and im not sure if its due to the above erros or the HD is not compatible with server. Greatly approciate if someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Its DG146ABAB4 and not DC146ABAB4.

About Smart Array P400i controller battery issue, first try to update firmware for this controller and wait for atleast 24 hrs powered-on time to charge the battery.  If nogo then replace the battery.

About Seagate hard drive, only HP drives are tested and works on ProLiant servers.  Other brand hard drives wont work because the firmware on those drives cannot communicate with the HP Smart Array controller firmware.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

GerardV

Hi Suman...

Where can i download the firmware ugrade for my hard drive.

"  284 146 GB SAS HDD at Port1l : Box 1 : Bay 2 : A firmware updated is recommended for this physical drive. Model: HP DG146ABA4 "

or may a complete details how to update and where i can download the firmware.

GerardV

GerardV

sorry..

its Model: HP DG146ABAB4

tnxs

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

* RECOMMENDED * Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - DG072ABAB3, DG072BB975, DG146ABAB4, and DG146BB976 drives

Version HPDF

WIndows http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3676018&swItemId=MTX_af73ba4a1a564cefbe5265e589&swEnvOid=4064

Linux http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3676018&swItemId=MTX_e11e5507adf240eba4f281244d&swEnvOid=4064

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!