1752680 Members
5422 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G5 Internal and External Health lights red

kevin mayer
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G5 Internal and External Health lights red

I have acquired a proliant dl380 g5 and I have an issue where it will not power on. It runs up the fans for a brief second and then shows 2 red LEDs for internal and external health.

The unit has no hard disks installed at this time and I'm not sure if this would be the cause of the issue.
8 REPLIES 8
kevin mayer
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL380 G5 Internal and External Health lights red

forgot to add

On the main board Leds CR10 and CR11 are flashing green. I cant seem to find any information on these row of leds in the documentation
kevin mayer
Occasional Advisor

After searching around some more I think the issue is the power supply since the psu is making a high frequency chirping sound even when not in the server. It also gets very warm even when not plugged into the server. Also the power supply light is shown as amber on the front display. Is there any way to be sure?
Harry Lubansky
Super Advisor

If the power supply light is amber, it is not conforming to specs, for sure. You can see more details by using HP Insight Manager on the server, should be on the Smartstart disk to install.
kevin mayer
Occasional Advisor

The problem is that the server will not power up. It runs for a moment but before the fans have time to reach speed it shuts off and shows the error lights on the front. LiO2 wont seem to work either. It may be that its previous configuration has it set for a static ip address.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

The early revisions of DL380 G5 power supplies suffered from a fault that will cause this behavior. I can't find the HP advisory at the moment.
kevin mayer
Occasional Advisor

Do the earlier revisions have the higher clear air baffle over the memory? Or is there another way to tell. I believe it is an earlier revision because it has the xeon 5150
kevin mayer
Occasional Advisor

P/N on psu is 379123-001 rev 02m
Lasse Borchard

Hi,

i've the exact same problem with my dl380 G5 and no solution until now. My PSU revision is 03M with green dot and without also rev. 06M and rev K. I've tested all these PSU but the server will not power up. Interlock flashs and the internal led cr10 and cr11 blinking in turn. I cant detect the failure, please help...

CPU is E5420 and system board sparepart 436536-001

Thanks for any answers....

Greetings

Lasse