6580 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G5, Smart Array 400r, Displaying Missing Disk

Daygo
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G5, Smart Array 400r, Displaying Missing Disk

Hello,

Ok, this has me well and truely confussed.

One of my customers change a disk, on a Raid 0&1, but it failed to pick the new disk up.

On further investigation, the array is saying that it has a 'MISSING DISK IN BAY 2', put physically the disk is there, and the bay appears to be ok.

We have tried moving the 'GOOD' disk into various other slots, with a new disk in BAY2, but it still displays 'MISSING DISK'.

I have created a logical disk using the disk in BAY2, so I think its unlikely to be a physical problem with the BAY or DISK, but I can't the existing array to pick the new disk up.

At this moment the customer doesn't want to delete and recreate the array, and then restore. But I can't see any other way round it.

Any help would be very welcome.

Pete
4 REPLIES 4
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

what about the firmware on the RAID controller ??? I f you call to HP theay will ask you as first if the firmware is the lastest.

In my opinion, i would recommend to update the firmware off all components, if not them at least on the raod controller, the update the ACU.

mikap
Daygo
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, however that has already been done. I don;t have the details to hand, but I'm told that they are up to date.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

in this case i would recomend to open a HW call in HP if you have valid contract/support.

mikap
Daygo
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but I am an H.P engineer.