ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753284 Members
5598 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL580 G7 - RedHat 5 - 64 Bit - Systems Management Homepage - nothing showing up

Deryl Sequeira
Advisor

DL580 G7 - RedHat 5 - 64 Bit - Systems Management Homepage - nothing showing up

Installed the following RPMs:

- hpsmh-6.3.1-23.x86_64.rpm

- hp-health-8.7.0.22-11.rhel5.x86_64.rpm

- hp-snmp-agents-8.7.0.23-17.rhel5.x86_64.rpm

- hp-smh-templates-8.7.0.10-10.noarch.rpm

Everything installed fine and all the agents and services started up OK.

I hit the website, https://<servername>:2381 and I log in.

I dont get the normal layout. I am expecting to see a list of server components, with a green or red or yellow notification indicating status.

All I see under the "Component Status Summary" is "No Items"

System Model is unknown

what do I need to do to make the components show up?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: DL580 G7 - RedHat 5 - 64 Bit - Systems Management Homepage - nothing showing up

Hi i will begin to say that i have no experiance in linux. But I can venture a few guesses based on experiance with windows agents.

Have you installed the SNMP component in linux?

Have you configured the snmp in linux?

If that fixes all great. But in windows somethimes the Version Control agent hangs and then it displays "System Model is Unknown" until it has loaded correctly.

Hope this helps.

//Cederberg

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

As Cederberg said, you need to have the SNMP service installed and running:

yum install net-snmp
service snmpd start chkconfig snmpd on

When installing hp-snmp-agents, you should add some lines to your SNMP service configuration. This can be done semi-automatically by running "hpsnmpconfig".

If you're running a kernel that is newer than the hp-health package you're using, you need to have a C compiler and the kernel-devel package installed, so that the hp-health package can recompile the hardware monitoring modules to match the exact kernel version you're using. The hp-health package comes with built-in modules for most RHEL 5 kernel versions, but obviously it cannot include versions that are newer than the hp-health package itself.

To verify that the hp-health kernel modules have been properly installed and running, run "hpasmcli show server". It should output basic information about the server: model, serial number, amount of RAM, etc. If this does not happen, there is a problem in hp-health installation, and the hp-snmp-agents cannot use hp-health to gather information.

MK