4877 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Dl380gen 8 and ip update mirror for firmware update

brad_smithson
Occasional Visitor

Dl380gen 8 and ip update mirror for firmware update

Hi all,

I need help in intelligent provisionin firmware update through update mirror.

its for dl80gen8

i followed the steps in the IPuser guide though its not very clear. but it is not helping. cansome on please make it simple for understanding. i understand there are few files that needs to be edited and some settiing in the IP preferences.

Appreciate any help.

4 REPLIES 4
KimO_1
Advisor

Can you please be more specific about what your issue is and what is not clear in the IP documentation?

Thanks.

I work for HP.
Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Hi Brad,

You are correct you need to make some changes in the preference and edit files for the update mirror :

1. Check within Intelligent Provisioning Preferences :
a.The correct NIC is defined.
b.Check the entry in System Software Update
Use this setting to specify whether to get drivers and software updates from the HP website or a local repository on your network. If you choose updates from the HP website, an "Updates Available" banner across the top of the screen notifies you when an update is available. Clicking this banner automatically brings up "Firmware Update" .
If you choose HTTP/FTP, enter the URL of a local repository.
IMPORTANT: Do not include spaces or punctuation in the FTP path.

2. The mirror requires a web server running on a server with any operating system capable of serving files over FTP or HTTP.

3. download the latest version of Intelligent Provisioning and copy the files to your web server

4. Look for HP_manifest folder in IP or SPP folder

5. Update the URLs in the SPP configuration files to address your web server.
Create or modify the file spp-version1/hp_manifest/config.xml, adding rules to rewrite the URLs to reference your web server.

6. Update spp-version1/hp_manifest/index.xml to reference config.xml if it is not already listed.

So basically you need to check the correct NIC, entry in System Software Update, latest version of IP, edit config.xml and index.xml.

Hope this helps

Amine-Saihi
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

The vest solution is to:

Download an HP IP Recovery "CD" from HP download site:

Boot to the CD and then click the "Recovery" button to update the HP IP. This will reinstall HP IP with the latest version:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=5211699&prodNameId=5211700&swEnvOID=4048&swLang=8&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-12c365d219654b94ab8b2e8c1c&mode=3

I'll be available for further information

I work for HP

Le poste était-il utile? Dites merci en cliquant sur l'étoile blanche sur la gauche FÉLICITATIONS!

I work for HP
Occasional Visitor

Or, you can also reinstall or upgrade the IP :

• Go to HP driver and download page of the HP Gen8 Server.

• Select an Operating System (Example: Windows 2008 R2).

• Scroll down and click on HP Intelligent Provisioning recovery media link as shown below:

1.jpg

Click Download button to download the HP Intelligent Provisioning recovery media.
    2.jpg

Boot the server from the Intelligent Provisioning recovery media. To re-install or upgrade HP Intelligent Provisioning on the Gen8 server, user need to boot the server from the HP Intelligent Provisioning recovery media. This is an offline method. User may use iLO Virtual media to mount the ISO or burn the HP Intelligent Provisioning recovery media ISO to a DVD and boot the server from it. Before one starts performing below provided steps ensure that HP Intelligent Provisioning recovery media is mounted through iLO Virtual Media or burn the HP Intelligent Provisioning recovery media ISO file to a DVD media and place it in the CD/DVD drive of the HP Gen8 Server.

1. Turn ON the HP Gen8 Server.

2. During Server POST, please press F11 key to display Boot Menu .3.jpg

Now user will be presented with Boot Menu as shown below.

4.jpg

• Press 1 on keyboard to boot from the CD\DVD.

• Server will boot from HP Intelligent Provisioning recovery media. Please wait.

5.jpg

At below said screen, click on Reinstall Intelligent Provisioning button.

7.jpg

• A progress bar displays. It takes a few minutes for any progress to display, so be patient.

• Now it will start flashing Intelligent Provisioning. Please wait until process is complete.

8.jpg

HP Intelligent Provisioning re-installation/upgrade is complete. Press F10 to reboot the server.

9.jpg

I work for HP

Le poste était-il utile? Dites merci en cliquant sur l'étoile blanche sur la gauche FÉLICITATIONS!

I work for HP