Event Source: NIC Agents
Event Category: Service
Event ID: 264
Date: 1/10/2003
Time: 12:51:49 PM
User: N/A
Computer: FRANKLIN
Description:
Component: Compaq NIC Management Agent Error: Unable to open the registry key "%1". Cause: This error can be caused by a corrupt registry or a low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct this error.
Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00 ....
May GOD come and save the world NOW
11 REPLIES 11
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Event ID: 264

Patrick,
how often you server experiences this event? Did you check what was proposed? Memory low? Rebooted? I remember there's a command to check registry, but can not recall its spelling :o(
Eugeny
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

IS this a clustered server? If not, try removing the cluster service.
Patrick Holden

The server is experiencing the problem every two minutes. I followed the procedure, which said reboot the server, but it did not clear. The server is not clustered.
May GOD come and save the world NOW
Mike_387
Occasional Contributor

Patrick

I have the same error message in my event log. Have you found any solutions for this problem? I also rebootet the server and the memorys are ok.

Thanks!
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

What kind of machine is this? Is there a dual port nic installed and are both port being used? If one of the ports is not being used, I would recommend using the loopback adapter which came with the server/dual port nic.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Mike_387
Occasional Contributor

I have only one NIC installed and these NIC is on the system board. The drivers and Agents that are installed on the system are SmartStart Vers. 6.2
Marius Zeineh

I also have the same error appearing every two minutes on a non clustered DL380 G2. Was there ever a solution to this problem?
Igor_47

I have the same error. Was this resolved
?
Razmi Patel

I also have this problem, Has this been resolved. I have a dual NIC server (both in use) and it is not clustered.

Thanks

Raz