1748195 Members
4651 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

FAN4 missing after update firmware DL380G6

balteck
Occasional Contributor

FAN4 missing after update firmware DL380G6

Hello, I've buyed used a ML380G6 dual Processor with P410i controller and 12 GB RAM

I've updated succesfully the BIOS to P62 and I wish to update the controller and backplane because I wish to mount 4 sata 2 TB o 3 TB 2.5" drives. I've already have 4 SAS 146GB 2.5" in RAID 10 where I've installed CENTOS 7.

The server will host a big INNODB database with a plenty of datas. So I will use the SAS RAID for system and INNODB and SATA RAID for files linked in the DB.

I've read that the controller and backplane have been updated with many BIOS that fixes a lot of problem and give support for bigger disks.

Now the P410i is 2.00 and ILO is 1.78.

(I don't know about backplane and I don't know how to retreive this information)

I've tried to download the firmwares in HP support section, but I cannot find a valid path to apply them.

In the instruction there are link of HP Smart Update Manager on the Firmware Maintenance DVD version 10.00 (that not work) or the  HP Smart Update Manager from the HP Service Pack forProliant (Now I'm downloading 2015.06.0, but at home page I read that require a warranty or contract active, so I don't know if it will work or not)

How I can apply the new firmwares?

And I can apply the last one or I need to apply each revision?

I Need to update ILO to last version before try to update storage?

I read of many people that had blue lights on backplane after update, because of fail...

I thank you in advance for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
balteck
Occasional Contributor

Re: Update storage firmware DL380G6

I've search a lot in drivers section and I found the HP Firmware DVD 10.0

I've put it in a USB stick and it applied the new firmwares of BIOS, P410i, Network adapter, ILO and SAS Back plane.

Then I've put in a USB stick the SPP 2015.06 and it applied the new version of the BIOS, ILO, P410i and Network adapter.

Now it is all up-to-date, but the fan 4 stopped working. I've swapped it with another, but any fan that I put in the slot 4 doesn't work anymore and BIOS tells me that fan is not fully redundant.

How I can fix it?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I would first check the fan connector on the board for a bent pin. Sometimes hard to find! Then swap fans around to ensure all are working.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
balteck
Occasional Contributor

I've checked the mainboard.

The pins are not bent and they seem perfects.

I've swapped fan4 with fan3 and fan3 in slot 4 still not works, while fan4 into slot 3 works.

At BIOS post I got error 1611 FAN4 MISSING

any hints?

Fathi_1
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I have excatlly the same error 1611 FAN4 MISSING on my DL380 G6. Did you manage to fix it?

Thank you