ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752614 Members
4904 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: GL380 G7 iLO Password

NVHGIS

GL380 G7 iLO Password

I just purchased a new ProLiant DL380 G7 server.  I can access iLO but I can't find the default password.  All of my other ProLiant servers have a sticker on them with a random default password or a tag attached.  I've search all of the documentations and packing information and all over the server itself and I cannot find the default password for iLO 3.  Does anyone know where this is?

4 REPLIES 4
JuanK_1
Advisor

Hello.

If your Server is a DL380 G7 you will need to access the System Maintenance Switch (on the motherboard). The following link will help you with some pictures:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c02159872

Just power the Server off, set the deep-switch N1 to ON position and power the Server up again. You will bypass the iLO security and once you recover acces to the iLO you'll be able to reconfigure the password if necessary.

I hope this information helps.

[Moderator note: Updated the broken link]

Dave73
Regular Advisor
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Hopefully you've found the tag by now....

There is a plastic tag that slides out of the servers front panel. The iLO information and server serial number are printed on this tag. The tag is located next to the Systems Insight Display on the left side of the server.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
FFAPaysmart

Thank you Jimmy.

You are a life saver. I have spent the last day researching how to reset the iLO password on one of our ESX hosts, without having to shut it down.

I had documentation (the tags) for our earlier G5 hosts and have been able to access them fine. However, I couldn't find the same form of tag for the newer G7. Nobody else even memtioned this tag, on any of the other forum articles I found. They are a great idea, especially when you know of their existance....

Kudos to you for making my day, and saving me from a weekend excursion into the datacentre.