ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752755 Members
5018 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP DL 380 G7 Boot order getting reseted to default on boot.

vibhorD
Occasional Contributor

HP DL 380 G7 Boot order getting reseted to default on boot.

Hi,

Hardware type: ProLiant DL380 G7

We are using ILO command to reset the boot order of a DL 380 G7 machine to boot it from Network.It gets reset.But when it goes through boot.. Boot order again get reset to default just before the Boot device selection screen and force to boot machine from the Hard Disk.
Exact message on the screen is as below.

"The Standard Boot Order (IPL) has been reset to the system default.Please run the ROM Based Setup Utility to change the default boot order."

(Attached screenshot for reference.)

How we can stop this resetting to default action.Is there any option in BIOS.

Firmware version:1.55

Smart Array controller version:5.70 typep540i

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP DL 380 G7 Boot order getting reseted to default on boot.

What commands are you using with iLO?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
vibhorD
Occasional Contributor

Thanks jimmy for looking into it.

I am firing below command

set /system1/bootconfig1/bootsource5 bootorder=1

I can see it is resetting the boot order and in ILO boot order interface i can see network boot comes to first position after execution of this command.

But just before the boot device selection system is resetting boot order to default.. Not sure why ..

vibhorD
Occasional Contributor

This reset message looks like standard Message to me .But i am not able to find any documentation around it.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

vibhorD wrote:

This reset message looks like standard Message to me .But i am not able to find any documentation around it.

Yes, that is a standard system message, I only recall seeing it on blade servers when working with Virtual Connect profiles. Is anything being written to the IML, or iLO log?  The command you're using is the proper command. Wish I had a better answer, but all I can suggest is to make sure you have the latest System ROM and iLO firmware

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!