1753865 Members
7518 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

HP DL380G4 RAID 5

Syedkhan

HP DL380G4 RAID 5

Hello Everybody,

I have GL380 G4 with 3 hard drives configured as RAID 5 this morning one of the hard drive crashed and i would like to replace it with a new one. Could you please let me know the procedure. I Have Exchange server 2003 Installed on it.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP DL380G4 RAID 5

Not sure what you mean by crashed. If one of the disks in the RAID 5 array has failed and is showing an amber light, you simply remove the drive and plugin a new one. Once the drive is replace the RAID will rebuild using the new drive.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Syedkhan

What you told is correct. I have a failed HARD DRIVE IN RAID 5. 

After shutting down the server and replacing the hard drive will automatically joined in to RAID 5 ?

As soon As I plug the Hrd Drive Can I start Using the operating system or I shall Wait ?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Syedkhan wrote:

After shutting down the server and replacing the hard drive will automatically joined in to RAID 5 ?

You don't need to down the server, the drives are hot-plug.

@Syedkhan wrote:

As soon As I plug the Hrd Drive Can I start Using the operating system or I shall Wait ?

You can continue to use the system while the RAID rebuilds

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Syedkhan

I shall Anser your post as soon I finish doing that.

Anyways Thanks for the Help .............

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi SyedKhan,

I would suggest you to please verify the status of the drive in Array Configuration Utility (ACU) before replacement.

Once failure is confirmed, highlight the indicated drive in ACU, the drive will start blinking that helps to indentify the correct drive replacement.

HP Smart Array Controller starts automatic recovery process / rebuilding the moment you replace the faulty drive in a degraded array.

however it's always good to verify your backup / backup your stuff as a safety measure.

thanks,

Aftab

How to assign points on this new forum? Click the Kudos Star!
ITRC Style Sitemap.

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo