1752800 Members
5688 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ML 350 G8 SERVER fan issue

sarathk
Occasional Visitor

HP ML 350 G8 SERVER fan issue

HP ML 350 G8 SERVER  fan making loud noise. Made thermal configuration in RBSU to " optimal cooling " but same issue. We have 6 other HP ML 350 G8 servers in different sites which works fine. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Two things you need to check:

1. BIOS, iLO4 and Controller firmware is the same on all the servers, the one making noise and the others which are not making noise?

2. On the noisey server, have you installed any Add-On cards, is there sufficient ventilation within the server.  For example if pci slot 3 & 8 is populated then leave pci slot 2 & 9 empty.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

sarathk
Occasional Visitor

Can you please tell me how to check the firmware of iLO4 firmware. It is difficult to restart the server and check bios. Is there any other way?

And we have not installed any add on cards inside the server. So there is sufficient ventillation inside the server. Thanks for your help.

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Login into iLO4 web interface and check its firmware under System Information –> Firmware Information page.

If you have configured System Management Homepage then login and check under Remote Management or iLO 4.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo