Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP ProLiant DL140 Generation 3 (G3)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Does the above supports Hardware RAID ?

I have checked the server and it shows Intel 631 ESB Storage Controller apart from the two IDE Controllers (have forgotten the exact name)

Does this box supports hardware raid ?

Will be grateful for your assistance on this

Kind Regards

PS : HP DL140 G3 Server Hardware at a glance page :

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12509_na/12509_na.html

2 REPLIES
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP ProLiant DL140 Generation 3 (G3)

the link you have posted is showing all the options available.

if you buy with; 

• HP Smart Array E500 Controller: it will support RAID 0/1 and RAID 5 with battery

The HP Smart Array E500 is HP's first external connect only, entry level PCI Express (PCIe) Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller. The full size card has 8 ports (2 x4 mini SAS external connectors) and utilizes DDR2-533 memory. The E500 offers RAID 0, 1 and 0+1 and can be upgraded with the battery-backed write cache (BBWC) module for RAID 5

• HP Smart Array E200 Controller:

The E200 is ideal for RAID 0/1 and can be upgraded with the 128MB battery-backed write cache (BBWC) module for RAID 5. 

so now it depends on your requirement and so accordingly buy HP server with any one of these controllers.

Occasional Contributor

Re: HP ProLiant DL140 Generation 3 (G3)

Hi Msolkar,

Thank you for your reply, we already have the server, I attached a screenshot from device manager, does the listed storage controlelrs offer RAID ?

In device manager it lists Intel 631x ESB storage controller which is not listed on the HP server link I had posted.

Can you please guide me as to whether this server is capable off hardware raid or we would need to purchase a separate controller ?

Kind Regards

Thanks !!