108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant DL140 Generation 3 (G3)

rihatums
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant DL140 Generation 3 (G3)

HP ProLiant DL140 Generation 3 (G3)

Does the above supports Hardware RAID ?

I have checked the server and it shows Intel 631 ESB Storage Controller apart from the two IDE Controllers (have forgotten the exact name)

Does this box supports hardware raid ?

Will be grateful for your assistance on this

Kind Regards

PS : HP DL140 G3 Server Hardware at a glance page :

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12509_na/12509_na.html

2 REPLIES 2
MSOLKAR

the link you have posted is showing all the options available.

if you buy with;

• HP Smart Array E500 Controller: it will support RAID 0/1 and RAID 5 with battery

The HP Smart Array E500 is HP's first external connect only, entry level PCI Express (PCIe) Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller. The full size card has 8 ports (2 x4 mini SAS external connectors) and utilizes DDR2-533 memory. The E500 offers RAID 0, 1 and 0+1 and can be upgraded with the battery-backed write cache (BBWC) module for RAID 5

• HP Smart Array E200 Controller:

The E200 is ideal for RAID 0/1 and can be upgraded with the 128MB battery-backed write cache (BBWC) module for RAID 5. 

so now it depends on your requirement and so accordingly buy HP server with any one of these controllers.

rihatums
Occasional Contributor

Hi Msolkar,

Thank you for your reply, we already have the server, I attached a screenshot from device manager, does the listed storage controlelrs offer RAID ?

In device manager it lists Intel 631x ESB storage controller which is not listed on the HP server link I had posted.

Can you please guide me as to whether this server is capable off hardware raid or we would need to purchase a separate controller ?

Kind Regards

Thanks !!