ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753873 Members
7144 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Proliant DL180 Gen 9 server noisy and restarts automatically

Victor_VCC

HP Proliant DL180 Gen 9 server noisy and restarts automatically

HP Proliant DL180 Gen 9 server cooling fans revs above 70% speed always and restarts automatically if any one of the power supply loss or gain power in redundant power supply system.   This occurs only with Intel P3700 SSD inserted. Otherwise server is very quiet and cooling fans revs below 15% and does not restart.  I tested with another Intel P3700 SSD but the same thing happens.  The server is a new one. HP support team simplg rejected to support stating that third party card is inserted.

Experts kindly help us to solve this issue.  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant DL180 Gen 9 server noisy and restarts automatically

Hi,

Third party products are not tested on HP environment, hence cannot guarantee that HP Firmware/Hardware supports the Non-HP products.

The said server may not support NVMe technology.

You may refer to HP PCIe Workload Accelerators sheet.  DL180 Gen9 is not compatible with NVMe technology cards.

Refer to P3700 overview.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HP Proliant DL180 Gen 9 server noisy and restarts automatically

Althought its not supported, the DL180 is limited on sensor cover.

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04683594&lang=en-us&cc=us

If I were you I would test this setup with a DL380 server. The DL180 is still an entry server.