108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant DL380 G4 No Display ,No Post one single long Beep

Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Hi Joel,
>>>
As for the using the iLo port, this requires configuring the port with either a dynamic or static IP address.
<<<

The ILO is default configured for a DHCP adress. So you may need to activate a dhcp-server on the connected network.
the ilo dns-name is ILO_ like on the tab or on the label inside the case.
If you don't have one allready, any simple adsl or wifi router with 4 copper will do the trick.
If you configured a fixed address I'm sure you have documented this.
scaustin

I have a similar issue on one of my servers that began after an environment power failure. I think I have narrowed it down to an ILO issue that is blocking the server from posting/initializing certain components (including ram/video). I have two codes flashing on the iLO POST LED Indicators that start almost as soon as I apply power to my server. A0 and B5 flash very quickly. Perhaps you can check your server to see if it is doing the same thing.

Best of luck,
Steve
Fletcjas
Visitor

I have just removed the RAM, cleaned the inside and replaced all as before, and i am now having this problem.. It has the exact same h/w but still same problem as above- thanks jase
mls2016

My HP DL380 G6 would not display post or anything on a working KVM.  At this time, i have one of two power supplies plugged into the wall.  I plugged boht power supplies into a power source and rebooted...issue resolved.