108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant ML110 G6 Boot Failed

RomanLis
Occasional Advisor

HP Proliant ML110 G6 Boot Failed

Hello,

I have HP Proliant ML110 G6 server with following RAID configuration:

1st RAID - 1 disk in Raid 0 (just a logical drive to make the system to see it)

2nd RAID - 2 disks in Raid 1+0

When I install Windows 7 on the 2nd RAID and it goes to restart first time - it doesn't boot from HDD - "Boot Failed".

What Can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
pachya
Occasional Contributor

could you pls run offline diagnostics and tell me what error message you were getting on that.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Did you load the drivers? Is windows 7 supported on the ML110 G7?
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Windows 7 is not supported on ML110 G6.

But I would suggest you to check/change Boot Order in BIOS.
Boot Settings Configuration:
Standard Boot Order:

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

mikerigel
Occasional Visitor

I just had the same issue.  I obtained this old server from a business who's IT guy couldn't get the server to stay up.  The following worked for me.

The HP Proliant ML110 G6 has the capability for SATA RAID.  So if there was a failed drive, the RAID is trying to restore/rebuild it.

Go inside the case and look at the diagram to make sure the drives & cables are installed in accordance with the diagram.  Then reset the BIOS by moving switch 1 down to the on position - all other switches should be up.  Power up/down & move the swtich back to the up / off position.

Go into BIOS and tell it to use SATA RAID mode.  Reboot & go into the RAID configuration mode (F8).  If you don't need anything on the HDD you can delete the array.   Build a new array and then reinstall the operating system.

ricktravers
Occasional Visitor

I had same symptoms on same hardware with similar configuration.  In my case a Windows update somehow managed to change the disk boot order in BIOS.  I simply corrected it in BIOS, and problem solved!