1752629 Members
5909 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Proliant ML350 G5

Nikolas_01
Visitor

HP Proliant ML350 G5

Hello! The problem with the battery Cashe module after replacing the battery on HP Proliant ML 350 G5. Cache Status: Enabled but not currently active due to transformation. After rebooting the server the status of the battery approx 2-3 days, then the message again "Enabled, but not currently active due to transformation." What could be the problem? Thank you in advance for your reply

4 REPLIES 4
RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

Re: HP Proliant ML350 G5

Cache modules can take up to 72 hours to fully charge. It seems it's currently busy charging.
If by Monday it is still not finished charging there might be a (slight) issue.
At first I would check if your controller firmware is up to date if the issue persist.
If that is the case/does not resolve the issue you probably need to replace the battery and the cache module in one go.
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
Nikolas_01
Visitor

Thanks for the help
It has been over 72 hours, but the status does not change (Cache Module Present: Yes  Cache Status: Enabled, but not currently active due to transformation.)

Firmware Version 1,86

RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

E200 I suppose?
Thats up to date. Would replace both cache and battery in one go? If that doesn't work, its the controller itself. :/
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
Nikolas_01
Visitor

Yes you are right, the controller smart array E200
Also think that you need to replace the controller, but can be broken RAID setup
Or this will not cause problems?