3674 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP iLO4 - Remote console access via command line

cyberaishu
Occasional Advisor

HP iLO4 - Remote console access via command line

Hello,

Is there a way to launch a Java remote console (Graphical) via HP command line tools? Instead of launching a remote console via the HP iLO4 web interface, I'm looking for a way to do it via command line.

Thanks,

Aishwarya

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Not with the Java spplication, if I recall it has something to do with Java security. The Windows .net application can be run as a standalone executible.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
cyberaishu
Occasional Advisor

Any chance the .NET application can be run on a Redhat linux machine?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Sorry, it is a Windows application

Do you actually need a graphical remote console? if you system is not running the GUI, you can ssh into iLO and use 'textcons'  

*for textcons to work you need to disable frame buffers, the console must be text mode

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
cyberaishu
Occasional Advisor

Was wondering if anyone has run this .NET remote console application on linux (similar to http://www.infoq.com/news/2015/05/NET-Linux-Mac) ?

Yes, I'm looking for a graphical remote console that I can invoke via command line. Dell iDRAC gives a java jnlp file that one can run via java-ws to  obtain a graphical remote console. Wondering if there is a similar way out for HP systems?

Thanks,

Aishwaya

Adrien1

I don't want to be rude, but do you actually mean what you said? Disabling framebuffer? Everyone is working so hard to remove this for KMS. Oh, and framebuffer is used since Linux 2.1.19 according to Wikipedia. I've never seen a Linux based-distro without framebuffer on non-embedded device.

It is absolutely incredible that the remote console is either an applet for a browser (they fight so hard to remove these backdoors plugins) or a Windows application. Nobody at HP or their customer is using a Linux to watch over their Linux server?

When the network driver is failing, everything is so hard to debugтАж