108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPQLOCFG utility - bug with -s server name containing "-"

SOLVED
Go to solution
KDelande
Occasional Contributor

HPQLOCFG utility - bug with -s server name containing "-"

Not sure where else to file a bug report but wanted to try and get it fixed somehow.

I'm using the HPQLOCFG (v1.0.0 dated 07/22/2013) utility to script ILO changes across my environment.  My ILO DNS names all contain "-ilo" in the name, like xxyyyzzz-ilo.  The utility doesn't seem to like that I have a "-" in the name after declaring "-s" and having the server name follow, like this:

C:\>HPQLOCFG -s xxyyyzzz-ilo -u blah -p foo -f myscript.xml

HP Lights-Out Configuration Utility- HPQLOCFG v.1.0.0 dated 07/22/2013

(c) Hewlett-Packard Company, 2013

Invalid arguments passed.

Usage
HPQLOCFG.exe -s [servername|ipaddress]|[:port] -l [logfilename] -f [input filena
me] -v -c -u [username] -p [password] -t [name1=value1,name2=value2...]

Where:

-s servername is the DNS name of target server.
        -s ipaddress is the IP Address of the target server.
           If a port is not specified, the port will default to :443.

[OUTPUT TRUNCATED}

If I take out the "-" before ilo in the server name, I get a different error, which is correct:

ERROR: Unable to connect or Detect iLO for: xxyyyzzzilo
Exception:No such host is known

This is NOT a DNS problem.  My ILO names ping just fine and I browse to them all the time. 

I beleive that the program is not correctly dealing with having "-" in the name because it thinks it's an extra argument being passed at the command line.   I have tried quoting it as well to get it to take it literally but no luck.

Hopefully someone internally will see this and flag as a bug to be fixed in a newer version.

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I'll pass along your findings to the iLO team.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
KDelande
Occasional Contributor

CONFIRMED!

Yes, this bug is gone in version 1.1.0.  It's not mentioned specifically in the release notes but I have confirmed my issue is no longer occuring.

Thank you for the lead on this newer version.  I didn't see anything newer than 1.0 linked to the ILO4 software download page.