1753259 Members
5223 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Help Proliant DL380 E200i SmartArray Controller Fails To Initialise

Alex72
Occasional Visitor

Help Proliant DL380 E200i SmartArray Controller Fails To Initialise

Hello, i have a problem with my  DL380 G5, recently add a pair of SAS 300Gb hard disk, but i have problem, the server can´t boot its show me this warning

This is the error:

1783-Slot 3 Drive array controller failure.

I have too another hd 146gb SAS and its not problem with it, its boot fine windows server 2008, i need to change the SO to the other hard disk in raid 1 but server sometimes detect them and another times not.

Mi plan is manage raid 1+0 only if i can make work the 300gb hardisk.

I had to many problems to install OS its took about 4 hours to be installed, cause the error, i had to reboot to many times and system load, after if you need to turn off or reboot the server, the system can´t be load cause this error.

When i connect the original hard disc its work fine, and the error doesn´t appear.

This is the model of the hard disk.

507127-B21 HP 300GB 6G SAS 10K rpm 2.5-inch Dual Port Enterprise Hard Disk Drive

Thanks for your coments

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
sfora
Frequent Advisor

-Update the E200 firmware to the latest version. 1.86

-If that doesn't work, update the hard disk firmware to the latest. (If you have another server at hand to do this)

Alex72
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your coments, but i did it before, i was update all components of server, i used servicepack for proliant server, one of times that server can boot with these disck i can update all, controller firmware, hd firmware and all, but the problem goes on.

Another sugestion?

Thanks again.

RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

Did you try to put them in different bays?
Try one that is connected to the other SAS cable if possible.
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
Hazem Bahgat
Frequent Advisor

greetings,

try the latest SPP, it is avilable on:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx

and run it offline, it will take care of all the server's firmware. use it offline, and you will see the updates running

Best Regards and Appreciation,
Hazem Bahgat

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.