New Discussion

How Can I Re Image My computer.

AT1
Occasional Advisor

How Can I Re Image My computer.

Dear All 

I have a Problem

I have HP Prolian DL380p Gen8 Server.

This Server was down (hardware issue) 2 Hard desks fails in the same. so I bought 2 New drives and Installed them and created Raid 5 again with the same Capicity

I have Full System Image Recovery in an external HDD
when I attempt to recover this Image I tried to
1- Log in To HP IP and select Configure and Install then i Selected Manual Install then the server rebooted and select to boot from DVD Rom , I put inside the DVD-Rom Windows Server 2012 DVD then I selected Repair then troubleshoot , Then Restore Image Recovery ,
the wizard Automatically detect my Last backup from External HDD, Then I Choose next to finalize the restoration Process in the end ERROR comes with :
" Error details: The disk that is set as active in BIOS is too small to recover the original system disk. Replace the disk with a larger one and retry the restore operation. (0x80042407)"
2- I booted Directly from DVD ROM and selected Repair from Windows server 2012 Wizard then it detects Automatically my Last image . Then I selected Install Drivers I downloaded the Last version from HP Raid Driver P420i and installed it then I completed the process and same error appeared again

1 REPLY 1
venomous-Nerd
Advisor

Re: How Can I Re Image My computer.

Hi mate are your sas/sata drive big enough and check the size in the raid config because some raid config will decrease the size of the virtual disk you create. Thanks