ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751748 Members
5695 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to access servers with ILO card installed, but not knowing the password?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carl-Marius
Occasional Contributor

How to access servers with ILO card installed, but not knowing the password?

Hi,

I am new to the word of HP hardware, so please have a little patience with me :manhappy:

I have many different HP servers installed, and some of the have an ILO card access that I would like to use, but I can only open the web browser on the IP-address and get access to the logon page, but I do not have the username or the password to it.

Is there a normal default password that I can use to logon to the server through the ILO card, or do I need to reset the ILO card access before I can logon? (If so, how can I reset the ILO card, when I do not have the username or password?)

I have attached a screen dump of one of the logon pages that I have access to.

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

P.S. This thread has been moedfrom General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)> - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to access servers with ILO card installed, but not knowing the password?

The password is written on a sticker delivered with the system. You can also configure ilo when the system starts (by pressing F8 when iLO is written on the screen).

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Thomas Martin
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hello,

if you installed a Windows Server and applied the latest Proliant Support to them, then you can change all iLo configurations from Windows.

Over "Start\All Programs\HP System Tools\Online...", there must be an entry like "online iLo Configuration".

Make your changes in the new Window. After applying these settings wait about 2-3 Minutes till the iLo has been reset and confirmed the changes.

Thomas

Carl-Marius
Occasional Contributor

Hi Torsten & Thomas,

Thank you both for your helpful answer and I am sorry for my late answer, I had failed to set a mark in the "Email me when someone replies" :-(

I cannot mark both answers as solutions, but both your answers are a solution to my problem.

Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

But you can click the Kudos! star on the left hand side.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Carl-Marius
Occasional Contributor

Hi Torsten,

Thank you, I did not know that one! :)

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius