9647 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

How to create a new array on an HP Proliant ML 350 G2 Server with Server 2003

Angie74
Occasional Contributor

How to create a new array on an HP Proliant ML 350 G2 Server with Server 2003

Hello,

I am an i.t. assistant that doesn't really mess with our servers alot. We have M-step testing coming up, and we have an older model ML 350 sitting in our server room taking up space. The I.T. manager before me set up Novell on the server, and left no passwords for me to access the machine. I started the task of reformatting the current drives but stopped after not being sure, that I did the right thing. I am now receiving an error message that says no hard disk can be found, it tries to boot from the cd drive, usb, hard drive, and nic, and usually it gives up and restarts. I'm pretty sure that I goofed up!!! Usually I can pull myself out of these messes, but I need a little guidance this time. The server is 2003 Server 64 bit, and has 3 arrays on it right now. Raid 0, Raid 1, and Raid 2. Any help or guidance you can give me on this one would be great!!! Thank you in advance :)

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: How to create a new array on an HP Proliant ML 350 G2 Server with Server 2003

Hello,

In older generation servers, you need to use HP SmartStart CD to setup the server and install OS.

SmartStart CD helps you in creating RAID and diagnosing the hardware of the server.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=247616

HP SmartStart CD version 7.70 is supported for this server and Windows 2003.  See here.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Angie74
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to create a new array on an HP Proliant ML 350 G2 Server with Server 2003

Thank you very much, this information that I need to finish resetting up the server. I appreciate the help!!