ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753501 Members
4183 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to create partitions (C and D drive ) using Intelligent Provisioning in HP G9 Server

mkmuneer242
Occasional Visitor

How to create partitions (C and D drive ) using Intelligent Provisioning in HP G9 Server

I cannot able to create C and D drive partitions in HP G9 Server using HP Intelligent Provisioning during server first setup.

Kindly guide me.

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to create partitions (C and D drive ) using Intelligent Provisioning in HP G9 Server

You usually don't create partitions, but you create logical drives in a size you need.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
mkmuneer242
Occasional Visitor

Re: How to create partitions (C and D drive ) using Intelligent Provisioning in HP G9 Server

Thank you for your valuable reply. Thats okay I can create logical drive but how do I can create different partitions to keep OS installation drive for one partition and another partition for keeping my datas. Like C drive and D drive in my computer.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

On a single disk without a RAID controller you would create partitions, right.

Using a RAID controller you would create a RAID1 out of 2 drives for OS, and another RAID on another drives for data. If you only have 2 disks, you still can create a RAID1 array onto these disks, but create logical dives in a custome size.

Google found this, not bad for beginners in that topic:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10417-using-spp-to-update-firmware-and-load-ssa-on-my-ml10v2/

scroll down to create logical drive.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!