1752425 Members
5302 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to setup ( step by step ) new ML 350 G5

rasca

How to setup ( step by step ) new ML 350 G5

hello and good day to you ...

i just bought a new HP server ML 350 G5 ( 3 SAS HDD )a few day ago , can you give me a correct way (step by step )how to setup this new server and how to configure RAID in this server. how to make sure this server can run properly eventhough one of 3 HDD failed. i'm quite new in this fields, so i need your help to guide me.

what function of SMARTSTART CD ???
what function of SMALL BUSINESS SERVER CD ??

In line to this matter , i would like to appreciate for the help and support.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Re: How to setup ( step by step ) new ML 350 G5

Hi,

will try to start...

First Smartstart has 2 functions :

1) helps with the install - guides you nad install then all drivers needed for proper function

2) If you load this CD you have the option to diagnose and configure the server - different tools.

Step by step should be :

1) Insert the Smartstart CD and restart the server
2) By default without doing anything the smartstart should load...
Go to "Maintain Server" -> Create Array.
Then follow the instructions(click on controller , click create array, then click array click create logical drive , choose the HDDs choose RAID Level 5, SAVE and Exit). return to the main Smartstart page , choose "Deploy server", choose the OS you will install - small business, then it will ask you to insert the SMALL BUSINESS SERVER CD (#1). Insert it and follow the instructions.

rasca

how, if i want to reinstall back new OS Windows 2003 Server to this server ?? what should i need to do ?? Thank You.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

do you have a smartstart?
do you have windows CD?
did you followed the above instructions?
Where is the problem?

The explanation is how to install windows 2003...If you don't understand something ask exactlier.