ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753800 Members
7948 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to update RBSU from 2.0 to 2.1 on ML350 servers??

Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

How to update RBSU from 2.0 to 2.1 on ML350 servers??

I posted earlier about ML350 servers not restarting after a power outage and Marko H. posted a forum link which had some helpful information.

However, the ML350s are on APC UPSes, so HP's Power Manager is not helpful, and I have already applied the MS hotfix mentioned in another thread or on a referenced HP website.

So...I have found that RBSU 2.0 does not expose the "Server Availability" BIOS feature that I need, and that RBSU 2.1 (which is on our two newer DL-series servers) DOES permit opening the "Server Availability" section and enabling "Automatic Power-On."

RBSU 2.0 doesn't have a "Server Availability" section at all. :(

What exactly do I download from HP's website and install to update RBSU 2.0 to RBSU 2.1???

Thank you, Tom
3 REPLIES 3
Paul Finch

Thomas, did you ever get a solution to this ?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Paul RBSU 2.0 or 2.1 based on the options and features that included and handled by System architecture. When you think about ROM Update you do System ROM Flash with next release
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/romtabl.html

Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Hello Paul, I didn't ever get a solution to this, it is apparently something that has to be built into the BIOS or BIOS software somehow.

See this thread for some other information on the same topic:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=893773&admit=-682735245+1131628960669+28353475

And we have found that even without the auto-restart setting things seem to be okay because we are on Win2k3 Server, English language and we applied the hotfix.

If a BIOS update ever comes out to fix this, please state this clearly in the readme.

Thank you, Tom