2908 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hp Proliant ML-110 G7 raid 1 problem

akino10

Hp Proliant ML-110 G7 raid 1 problem

Hello<

I have the following problem I'll try to explain :

I have two identical server hardware prolinate HP 110 G7 , on both server have identical 2x500 gb hard drives in a RAID 1. On the server 1 raised win 2008 R2 64bit.

I'll call servers No.1 and No.2 server for ease of explanation.

Server No.1 have 2x500 GB in RAID 1 , position 1 is my hard 500GB to position 2 of the 500gb hard too .

Server No.2 same situation as the server 1 has no one but itself to install is already empty .

Situation me the following : With server No.2 pull both the hard drive and put them aside , then take the No. 1 server hard disk from the position ( drawer ) 2 and insert the server No.2 in drawer no. 2 a drawer No.1 put an empty hard disk drive of 500GB me a RAID 1 not already burst.

Please for assistance or advice on how to solve it .

Thanks In Advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What is the goal of this action?

You cannot move a single disk from a RAID1 to another server, you need to transfer both disks. This is the rule of drive roaming.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@akino10 wrote:

Hello<

I have the following problem I'll try to explain :

I have two identical server hardware prolinate HP 110 G7 , on both server have identical 2x500 gb hard drives in a RAID 1. On the server 1 raised win 2008 R2 64bit.

I'll call servers No.1 and No.2 server for ease of explanation.

Server No.1 have 2x500 GB in RAID 1 , position 1 is my hard 500GB to position 2 of the 500gb hard too .

Server No.2 same situation as the server 1 has no one but itself to install is already empty .

Situation me the following : With server No.2 pull both the hard drive and put them aside , then take the No. 1 server hard disk from the position ( drawer ) 2 and insert the server No.2 in drawer no. 2 a drawer No.1 put an empty hard disk drive of 500GB me a RAID 1 not already burst.

Please for assistance or advice on how to solve it .

Thanks In Advance.

It depends on what controller you are using in the server. If it isa 'P' serieas Smart Array controller, you can break the mirror and then rebuild the array with new drives

This document provides detial

RAID 1(+0): breaking mirrors and rebuilding drives

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00378986

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!