ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751755 Members
4080 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: I want install W2k12 to ML110 G7 but I don´t download SSP, Why?

SOLVED
Go to solution
GoldFran
Advisor

I want install W2k12 to ML110 G7 but I don´t download SSP, Why?

Hi guys.

I have a little problem.

I want to update my HP Proliant Server ML110G7 with Windows 2012 Server R2. I have complety format this server and them, install new windows.

I read in original HP manual that first I have to install Windows 2k12 as legacy installation (like normal PC) becouse HP SmartStar don´t support Windows 2012.

Well, the problem is that HP SPP downloadless because I need HP Care Pack update I think... My HP Care Pack by ML110G7 expried 2 moths ago...

Is it possible to download latest SPP without HP Care pack support? or have I to buy new warranty HP Care?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RbBsmn
Regular Advisor
Solution

You will need a valid warranty/contract to be linked to your HP Passport in order to download the SPP nowadays.
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
GoldFran
Advisor

Ok, I´m afraid it.

so, could I renew my HP Care pack for my Proliant and then download SPP?

I supose that when I´ll buy my Care Pack, I´ll register it in HP Support contract / warranty page, you know?

Thanks

GoldFran
Advisor

Ok my friend.

I buy this: UX856PE -->HP 1 year Post Warranty Next business day ProLiant ML110 G7 Hardware Support.

I think when send me HP Care box with S/N, register it into HP Support service / HP Passport and then, I try to download HP SPP, ok?

Thanks

BK_HPE
Valued Contributor

Hello@ GoldFran

The HP 1 year Post Warranty Next business day ProLiant ML110 G7 Hardware Support with part number of UX856PE is the correct hardware support for your HP Proliant Server ML110G7.  After you purchase that HP Post Warranty, you should not have a problem with the downloads you want from the HP Drivers and Software from the HP Support Center web site.