New Discussion юеВ

Re: Instaling second CPU in DL380G3

Boris Demin
Advisor

Instaling second CPU in DL380G3

Hello, evrybody.
Help!....
I faced with such problem:
after installing second CPU in DL380 G3, server recognized it, but second CPU faild SmartStart(6.x, 7.x) test. I updated firmware sevral times, but nothing changed, after replacing system board the same problem, redundant fan kit installed...???(((( (CPU is known good too)...
HELP ME.....
Thanks on advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

what happens when you switch the CPUs around? Does the error move with it? And try the switching the the Processor Power Modules around, too.

Regards,
Stephen
Boris Demin
Advisor

I tried to swap the processors, installing first CPU in second socket and 2-nd CPU in 1-st socket. it didn't make any better. Situation with errors apearing in logs after testing is still the same.
Boris Demin
Advisor

I swaped PPMs, too. Unfortunately, it didn't help. Any ideas?
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

so when you moved them, did the error go with the CPU, or did it stay on the same socket? And you've already updated BIOS and replaced the system board?

Exactly what error do you get?

Regards,
Stephen
Boris Demin
Advisor

Thank you for the interest to the problem i got. It has just been solved. Actually it was wrong OS selection in RBSU that caused this problem. Interesting, isn't it? I tried to install Free BSD, and i chose Other OS in OS Selection section in RBSU. Then i changed it to Linux, and had got no problem since then.