3433 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Logical Drive 1 not mirroring?

Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

Logical Drive 1 not mirroring?

Hello Guys,

We are having an issue with our Proliant HP DL360 G5 server. Our Logical Drive 1 is having this warning (see attached) and it is currently not mirroring.  We have tried to reboot the server and attempted to do a rebuild by pressing F1 but it doesn’t seem to be working. No rebuilt has been performed for almost 24 hours now. We have also updated our controller to the latest firmware but with no difference. These are the latest logs I retrieved from the server (see attached). Do you guys have any idea how to resolve this?

Thank You,

Arnel

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Logical Drive 1 not mirroring?

Hi,

This happens if any one or more drives are having problems.

Do perform Diagnostics from the second tab and attach the ADU report.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

Hi Suman_1978,

Okay, here's the ADU report.

Thank You,

Arnel

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

According to the ADU Report two drives are having problems.

Physical Drive 1I:1:2
"Last Failure Reason"  Mark Bad Failed (0x05)

Physical Drive 1I:1:1
"Read Errors Hard" 0x000000b1

Physical Drive 1I:1:2
"Read Errors Hard" 0x000072d4
"Read Errors Hard" 0x00003484

You can open up the zip file and check the ADUReport.txt

Search for Last Failure Reason and Read Errors Hard and Write Errors Hard.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Suman_1978. Just an FYI - this issue started when we tried to upgrade these 2x72 GB drives to 146 GB drives. We removed the 72GB drive which broke the RAID 1 mirror then we replaced it with 146 GB drive to try and expand its capacity but that was never rebuilt. So we decided to just revert back to the old setup and put back the original 72GB drive but even doing so it was not rebuilt. So right now, its just using the old drives and they are not showing any amber lights and diagnostics shows as fine.

We also tried replacing it with a completely different drive but it could never rebuild.  The issue we are having is with the HP rebuild process as it always shows as 0% complete.  The rebuild never happens even after a reboot and we press F1 to continue the auto rebuild.  Even after a firmware update which is what HP recommended prior.  Is there anything else that needs to be done to kick off the auto-rebuild so that the 2nd drive will be mirrored?

Thank You,

Arnel