3642 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML150 G5 BLUE SCREEN AT LOGON

Kostas Drosos
Occasional Advisor

ML150 G5 BLUE SCREEN AT LOGON

Hello,

I have an ML150 G5, running Windows Server 2003 on an RAID 1 array. The onboard RAID controller is LSI SAS1064E.

Yesterday, i tried to do a remote desktop connection to the server, i put the credentials and when I pressed connect, rdc stopped responding.
Eversince, I restart the server, try to login normally (no rdc) and then there is a blue screen with the following error code
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xX000005, 0x808BC9DD, 0xB9283900, 0x00000000)

When i start windows in safe mode, the system starts, but when i start it in last good known configuration, then it doesnt go to the logon screen but it gets blue for 1sec and then it restarts.

I then noticed that on server startup, at the RAID array startup there is the message "failed or degraded volume detected: Volume (00:001) is currently in state DEGRADED" and when I go to LSI Logic Config Utility the primary drive is failed.

Does this has to do with the blue screen??

Can you please help me figure it out?

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Re: ML150 G5 BLUE SCREEN AT LOGON

restart in safe mode then shutdown and restart do not choose last known good configuration just take normal mode

what happens now
Kostas Drosos
Occasional Advisor

The result is the same.
Every time I start windows normally and try to logon, after i put the username and password i have a blue screen.

Any other suggestion??
Pogumirskiy Nikolay
Frequent Advisor

Do you replaced failed drive?
Boot from Windows PE Live CD, backup needed data to USB drive and reinstall OS.
Also I recommend to update firmware for RBSU and RAID controller to latest version.
Kostas Drosos
Occasional Advisor

No, i didnt replace the failed drive yet.
You think the blue screen has to do with the failed drive?
Also, why should I reinstall windows on the server, instead of replacing the drive and rebuilding the array?

What is rsbu?
Pogumirskiy Nikolay
Frequent Advisor

You should reinstall Windows because it corrupted. I suppose two version - bad RAM memory or RAID controller error/bug. So...
1.remove failed drive
2.run full memory diagnostics or install healthy modules
3.if memory is ok, try to start win
4.if successfully started, install drive and rebuild array, if not - backup data and reinstall OS (or you may try to find corrupted system files and replace it)
5.update firmware

RBSU - Rom Based Setup Utility (BIOS)

p.s. is any usefull error message in iml log before the accident?