1752793 Members
6211 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G3 BIOS power settings??

Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

ML350 G3 BIOS power settings??

I work for a non-profit agency in NY State. We have 2 ML350 servers which shut down fine through our UPSes.

However, when power is restored, they don't restart. I have been told by APC that I should look for a BIOS setting which allows determining what to do when the power is restored: 1) turn on or restart; 2) stay off (I don't want this); 3) return to last state (I've been warned this is not good/useful).

I've gone through the RBSU twice and found nothing. I don't know if such a setting would be in the SmartArray 641/642 controller settings, nor how to find it...I don't want to take any chances of messing up our RAID array!!! :) :)

We have DL-series servers running Citrix etc., and those restarted fine after a power outage, but the ML350s did not, sigh, so that's why I am investigating this topic.

I found the manual for the RBSU but no help there either.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope someone can help me!

Thank you, Tom
2 REPLIES 2
Marko H.
Valued Contributor

Hello Tom

Perhaps you will find some help on this link:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=739201
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Hello Marko, I'm new to this, so I have to read up on the points system so I know how many points to give for different answers.

Your post was helpful...though I've already applied the MS hotfix that's related to the other post you gave me but I will follow up further.

I think what I need to do now is find out how I can update the RBSU itself to version 2.1 to expose the "Server Availability" section, then I can set the server to do as I wish above.

We have 4 vintage 2004 servers on RBSU 2.0, and 2 vintage 2005 servers on RBSU 2.1, which permits telling the server what to do when power is restored.

I will post a new thread about this question.

Thank you, Tom