ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748108 Members
5129 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350 G6 memory config. (Conflicting info)

jmichaelrush
Occasional Visitor

ML350 G6 memory config. (Conflicting info)

Trying to upgrade the memory and from my perusing I am getting conflicting information (from HP and Crucial both). I have read in both places the max memory is 288GB, but I have also read that the max is 144GB.

I ordered 48GB (6x8GB), but our vendor sent me 3x16GB modules. They didn't work, so I am assuming max memory with 2 CPUs is 144GB with 8GB modules, am I correct?

I really only want to install the 48GB, so do I need to send these back and get my original request of 6x8GB?

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Refer to memory configuration from this document and QuickSpecs.

In the QuickSpecs if you see the Memory configuration Maximum Capacity, it varies for Registered DIMMS (RDIMMs) Single Rank (1R) to Unbuffered with ECC DIMMs (UDIMMs) Dual Rank (2R).

See what type of memory you have ordered and populate accordingly.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jmichaelrush
Occasional Visitor

Ok, I have found that 16GB RDIMMs are compatible. Talked to HP tech support...in India.

However, I have 3x16GB (4R) RDIMMs and everytime I try to boot (regardless of configuration (1 module, 3 modules, slot A, B, and/or C,)) I get the memory slot amber lights followed by the long beep code.

My BIOS is current.

I can boot with the original 2GB and 4GB RDIMMs that were already in the machine.

I have tried the memory configurator.

I have tried this.

What am I doing wrong?