1752329 Members
5666 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

ML370 G3 - SCSI Format

Niatona

ML370 G3 - SCSI Format

Hello,

I am currently working on a Proliant ML370 Gen 3 server . I would like to format the six SCSI drives in this system, and unfortunately I don't have any other system to connect them to in order to complete the task.

The machine features an HP Smart Array 641 Controller and an Adaptec 9160LP Ultra160 SCSI Controller. Despite being an IT technician, to be perfectly honest my experience with RAID and SCSI controllers is extremely limmited, so I'm not really sure what the distinction between these two components is.

Anyway, the things I have tried are running the Smart Start disk; this has an Erase feature, but doesn't format the drives. I've also gone into the Adaptec BIOS/configuration (by pressing Ctrl + A at startup). From what I've read this does have a format feature, however when I go into the drive utility section where it does a scan for SCSI devices, it shows the HP controller but not the drives themselves. I know that's a little vague, I will try and provide screenshots shortly.

If anyone has experience with this kind of SCSI configuration I would greatly appreciate your input. If anyone knows of a disk wiping application, paid or otherwise that is known to have the right drivers for these kind of controllers that would also be fantastic.

Thanks in advance,

-G

1 REPLY 1
Vktor
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML370 G3 - SCSI Format

Easy way to without format from HP Smart Array 641 firmware on bootscreen can show yor smart array 641 controller after initialize logically disk please press F8. with this key you acepted to HP Smart Array 641 firmware. fter select your logycally disk and use the menu delet logycally partition. After create new logycally partition . or under windows use the folowing method control panel>administrative tools>disk management. right click on the partition and format partition. or last method install HP Smart Array configuration utility.