1748168 Members
4103 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NIC trouble with Hyper-V on DL360P Gen8

dspahn
Occasional Visitor

NIC trouble with Hyper-V on DL360P Gen8

I have been having huge reliability issues on a test environment that uses a DL360p Gen8 with the 331 FLR 4-port NIC. This is the base for a 2-vm webserver setup I am working on, and what happens is, when I connect to one of the VM's over port 443, I get intermittent connection failures. I thought there might be a configuration issue, but to be sure, I ran a ping to the IP address of the virtual server with no other load on the network connection. The hypervisor is Hyper-V, and the results I got did not change when I tried using a virtual switch that shared with the management OS, versus one where the mangement OS was excluded. The ping intermittent drops and reconnects. I found that VMWare has a replacement driver for their software to be use with this NIC, but that's the only one I saw- Has anyone else had similar experience? How do I resolve this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: NIC trouble with Hyper-V on DL360P Gen8

Hi,

I am not sure if drivers are causing this, but do check the "Flow control settings".

Check out this document from VMware on Configuring Flow Control on ESXi and ESX.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

dspahn
Occasional Visitor

Maybe I should clarify this a little more... The server is a Hyper-v host running Windows server 2008r2 core. It appears to be dropping the network connection in a way similar to the known VMWare issue, the difference being that VMWare has a replacement driver and I don't see anything of the sort on HP's site or Windowsupdate. I am not running VMware but only mentioned it because of the similarity. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

sorry, but I can't understand correctly the issue, have you the possibility to send us a screen shoot? Please.

waaronb
Respected Contributor

Make sure you are NOT using the NIC driver 7.8.6.0. There are problems with that version of the driver, but I think that version is specific to the 1GB Broadcom Multifunction cards, not the 331FLR.

All of my Gen8 boxes run Server 2012 so I can't speak to any issues with Server 2008 R2 and it's NIC drivers for the 331FLR.

If you're using HP Teaming, you might try dropping the team and configuring it to use a single port just to test it out and make sure teaming/NCU isn't part of the problem.

When in doubt, start reducing variables to make it as simple as possible, and then reintroduce elements into your setup until you figure out which one causes problems. :)