ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751903 Members
5126 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NMI:Parity Check/Memory Parity Error

Rajnish Malik

NMI:Parity Check/Memory Parity Error

I have a new ML350 Server with 1 GB of RAM.
During installation of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition & Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I get "NMI:Parity Check/Memory Parity Error". Initally I thought it is a problme of RAID card. We had Smart Array 641 Card. We replaced with Smart Array 5300, still the same problme. I changed the memory module combination/slots, but nothing helped.
Need your help ASAP.

Rajnish Malik
14 REPLIES 14
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Rajnish,
Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS and the firmware of array controller. Also have to tried moving your controller to a different slot?? If not then give it a try and let me know.

Regards,
Rajnish Malik

Thanks Sunil. I tried changing the slot & card also. I also changed the memory, but nothing seems to be working.
I have the recent version of firmware & Bios.
For strange if I install Windows 2000 without RAID card, I'm ablt to do it. But as soon as I use RAID card it is giving me problem.
I feel its a problem with the Hardware/Motherboard.
Any comments???

Regds,
Rajnish
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Rajnish,
This is certainly not the mother board problem. Now which generation is your ML350. Please post the serial no if you don't know the generation. It could be a bad controller as well.

Regards,
Rajnish Malik

ML 350 G13.
Xeon processor.
2.8 Ghz.
1 GB RAM (512+256+256)
Smart Array 5304/256
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Rajnish,
Which slots are trying to install the SA controllers. Just be aware that you cannot install SA641 in Slot No 5 since this controller is not compatible with 5.5 volt slots. You should be able to install SA5300 in any.

Regards,
Rajnish Malik

I tried on slot 1 & 4. But did not work
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Rajnish,
Try a known good controller in any other slot but 1 & 4.

Thanks!!
e4services
Honored Contributor

He said he switch the controllers already in the first paragraph, to a 5300.

I would take out all the DRAM except one and any other cards and work your way through the DRAM.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Mike Ludwig
Frequent Advisor

I had a similar problem with a S server a few years ago. It ended up that there was only one slot the card worked in even though the book said any of them shuld work. In fact any of them did work in dos mode but when windows tried to load it blue screened. I even had the MB replaced and Compaq was about to replace it again until I got the same problem on an identical server. Anyway I'd suggest trying ever slot one at a time. might want to reset defaults in cmos everytime you move the card too. Good luck.