1748267 Members
3595 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NMI:Parity Check/Memory Parity Error

Mike Ludwig
Frequent Advisor

BTW I doubt it's your ram. although it is posible I've never seen an NMI error be RAM. For me it's always been a RAID or NIC card causing the problem.
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

Strip the server to the very minimum hardware that you need to install windows. Minimum memory, drives, other controllers, etc.

If this works, start adding hardware back in. Since you have tried a couple of different model Smart Array cards then it probably isn't your raid card.

I would also bet it's not the memory. Strip out all the memory you don't need anyway while you are troubleshooting it.

There's a piece of bad hardware somewhere...
Kenneth Tan

I have the same error after installing a Dlink Wireless card DWL-G520+ on HP D530. Once card removed, everything is fine. Tried all PCI slots, no help. Look like it is an issue that only happaen on HP-Compaq machines but nobody want to acknowledge. Poor piece of hardware and BIOS.
Alex Locatelli

This is for Kenneth,

I had the Same problem with the Compaq D330 and the dlink Wireless 520+ Card. Replaced the board, ram, with no availe. Tested in another pc, worked fine. Had identical Pc next to it and that pc worked fine. Eventually complained enough to suppliers and HP and they replaced the PC. Which is the D530 + the Dlink Wireless 520+ Card and it works fine. Contact HP Solutions Division.
joseph wang_1

when the dl850 running for some hours,the error will display on the screen.why?what's wrong?