1753574 Members
6261 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 SSD and HP DL380-G8

seanets
Visitor

OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 SSD and HP DL380-G8

Hi Sir Does a OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 SSD work in a HP DL380 G8 Server?How?

OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 SSD and HP DL380-G8

From the link provided it appears that OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 is a PCIe 2.0 x4 speed.

The server has expansion slots. Section Standard Features > Expansion Slots > Primary Riser lists that Expansion slot number 3 is of PCIe 2.0 and that the bus speed is x4 and the connector width is x8, which is a half-length, full height slot.

All the slots support up to 150w PCIe cards, but an additional Power Cord Option is required, product number 669777-B21.

Click here to access the server’s QuickSpecs.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

seanets
Visitor

The HP Smart Array P400 Controller or the HP Smart Array E200 Controller do not support SSD drives. is this true?

what type of controller support RevoDrive 3 x2 SSD PCIe card?

TVVJ
HPE Pro

HP Smart Array P400 Controller and HP Smart Array E200 Controller support SSD drives.

Please refer to section Related Options > HP Hard Drives > in the controllers’ QuickSpecs to for a list of supported HP SSDs.

Note: There is a known compatibility issue with some early 3.5" SATA HDD that will make them unable to be used with the HP Smart Array P400 Controller. Ensure that the controller is being used along with hard drive part number 332649-002/003 (spare 353042-001), 332650-002/003 (spare 353043-001), or 356536-002/003 (spare 353044-001).

Click here to view the HP Smart Array P400 Controller's QuickSpecs. 

Click here to view the HP Smart Array E200 Controller's QuickSpecs. 

Note: The HP Hard Drive Compatibility table provides drive compatibility information (http://www.hp.com/products/harddiskdrives). Using hard drives in unsupported configurations will result in voiding the warranty and could result in damage to the drive and/or loss of data.

HP ProLiant Gen8 servers are designed to work with HP Hard Drives. Third part drives have not been tested and hence, no information of OCZ RevoDrive compatibility is available from HP. Hence refer to documentation from the third party vendor.

There is no HP Smart Array Controller that supports RevoDrive 3x2 SSD PCIe card. Refer to documentation from OCZ to determine how the hard drives can be connected to the PCIe card when the card is installed in the server and how raid arrays can be configured using the PCIe card.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@seanets wrote:

The HP Smart Array P400 Controller or the HP Smart Array E200 Controller do not support SSD drives. is this true?

what type of controller support RevoDrive 3 x2 SSD PCIe card?

HP Smart Array controllers support SSD.

From what I can tell by glancing at the specs for the drive in question provides its own controller. Will it work in ProLaint, I doubt it has been tested.  HP generally doesn't test 3rd party option cards.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!