1753525 Members
5390 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P410: Cache Permanently disabled

Mike Blaszczak
Advisor

Yes, the question was about the "Battery Not Supported" message. I mentioned that in my first post. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

I suppose I can udpate the firmware, but nothing in the change list indicates it addresses issues with the battery so it seems surprising you'd recommend it.

I discovered the problem: the machine was incorrectly built by HP or our VAR. The P400 card was connected to the P410 battery (part 462976-001), and the P410 card was connected to the P400 battery (part 398648-001). The P400 appears tob e happy with the P410 battery, but the P410 detects the P400's battery model as incompatible and shuts down its features.

Externally, the batteries look identical except for the part number.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

The battery incompatibility is what exactly I suspected.

The firmware information was a FYI since it's is decleated "Critical" by HP and not a resolution for the problem and I read the release notes and realised that the issue is not related to firmware in anyways.
ckontz
Visitor

P410: Cache permanently disabled. Backup to flash memory failed

Discovered that the accelerator cache was disabled on DL380 G6 with P410i controller.  During post, the following message appeared:  Cache permanently disabled.  Backup to flash memory failed.

Replaced accelerator cache board and battery with no changed.  Tried to reset cache by removing drives, booting, reseating drives and restarting again.  Still no luck.

Problem turned out to be flash memory on integrated controller.  Replaced motherboard and problem is resolved.