4611 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PCI video card for ML110 G5?

SOLVED
Go to solution
WJonas

hi i have a ML 110 g5 using it for a win 7 workstation and am trying to add a GeForce MX4000 pci to the machine. it boots fine but wont show me any display even before you enter the OS? when i put the vga back on the onboard display it works fine. switch it back and it doesnt show anything. i went into the Bios, but that has no options for ANY vga? what did you guys have to do to get yours to work?
blouis79
Advisor

Nvidia does not appear to make a Windows 7 driver for MX4000. According to Nvidia website, you'd need at least a GeForce 6 series or higher to get a Windows 7 64-bit driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

After several months of using the EVGA 8400GS PCI card, still happy watching HDTV/Bluray sources.
Ultima

Hi All!

[with regards to ML110 G5 Server]

After searching, painfully, for a pci-express graphics card that would work I finally decided to saw the back of the pci-e x8 slot off. I am now using a Gigabyte 8400GS PCI-e x16 Graphics Card (256MB / 64BIT)and its working like a charm!

I have, however, noticed that the card seems to be running at x1 instead of x8 (used Tech Powerup GPU-Z 0.3.5 to get specs).
Can anyone tell me why its doing this? Why is it running at x1 and not x8? I want to invest in a good 'mid-range' pci-e gfx card but need to know if i can at least 'enable' x8 on the x8 port.

I have read on another forum that someone enable x16?!?! How can this be?

Any response to this would be highly appreciated!

Thanks... ;-)

>>>Greeting from SA! 2010 IS HERE!!!<<<
Dave Sofranko

We are having a similar issue:

We are attempting to set up two Proliant ML110 G5 servers as workstations running Windows 7 on a RAID 10 Array. We are having difficuly installing a PCI Video card, specifically a Jaton Video-498PCI-Twin (windows 7 drivers available for download) We are able to access the bios interface with the card installed but the system will not boot to into windows. If we remove the card the system boots just fine.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to proceed.
piz20

@@ Wjonas

did you resolve your problem? i'm in the exactly same situation!
i got an nvidia quadro 440 but no screen signal with this card installed! i have to uninstall the pci video card if want to see anything on the screen!
Nijamudeen

Re: PCI Audio card for ML110 G6?

Hi,

I'm using an HP ML110 G6 Server, and I want to install a audio card or audio device.But inbuilt audio service not provided this model.

I so now I'm looking into PCI audio cards.

Has anyone had success installing a PPCI audio cards on these servers?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: PCI Audio card for ML110 G6?

@Nijamudeen wrote:

Hi,

I'm using an HP ML110 G6 Server, and I want to install a audio card or audio device.But inbuilt audio service not provided this model.

I so now I'm looking into PCI audio cards.

Has anyone had success installing a PPCI audio cards on these servers?

Thanks in advance.

I've had good luck with using a cheap generic USB sound card on various Gen8 servers

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!