1753408 Members
7116 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

PSP changes

jackb2reasd
Occasional Contributor

PSP changes

I used to be able to download a version of PSP which was about 400mbyte, it would then allow me to scan a hp server and it would then download any drivers and updates as needed.

I am no longer able to find this. Has it been renamed or it just hidden in the mess of the new website?

OK i see what HP has done. They have taken the super easy PSP and renamed it to proliant service pack, created a 5gb iso download out of it and forced everyone to have a valid support contract before they can download it.

What an ordeal.

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: PSP changes

@jackb2reasd wrote:

OK i see what HP has done. They have taken the super easy PSP and renamed it to proliant service pack, created a 5gb iso download out of it and forced everyone to have a valid support contract before they can download it.

What an ordeal.

Actually it was renamed SPP before the support changes went into effect that requires a valid  support contract or warranty to get firmware.

If your running Linux you can add the SPP as a software repository by going to http://downloads.linux.hp.com. 

For firmware files you are still requires to have a valid warranty or support agreement http://downloads.linux.hp.com/project/fwpp/

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> I used to be able to download a version of PSP which was about 400mbyte

But this is more then 4 years ago, isn't it?

IIRC the first SPP was SPP2012.02, last PSP's from 2011.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
RobB1

Yes, It is pretty rediculous that HP now feels the need to charge for the PSP.  Went to download it today and found that it requires active warranty or agreement.  I'm pretty disappointed that HP has chosen this direction.  This should be a part of basic support.