3358 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Partition size error 0 MB on DL 360 Gen 9

MJIT
Occasional Advisor

Partition size error 0 MB on DL 360 Gen 9

Hello there, 

we have a DL 360 Gen 9 configured with 3 x 600 GB HDDs, Array is Raid1 ADM. When I use Intelligent Provisionig the system tells me that my configured partition with 0 MB is smaller than recommended bla bla bla.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Attached pic is in german, but shows the error

21 REPLIES 21
Mke

Try removing the raid but this will only allow you to install the O/S on one drive. I have had the issues.

Sondni

Got the same error, pressed OK and continued on.(3 Drives in RAID 5)

Drives got partitioned to 0 MB and the innstallation continued.

Everything was innstalled and Windows shows the drive at the size of the logical drive.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

So it appears the workaround is to just click continue?

I have reported this issue to the Intelligent PRovisioning team and they are going to look into it.

Hopefully this is just an issue with the text being displayed incorrectly. Regardless, it should be corrected in the next release.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
shang1983
Advisor

I have the same issues. It display 0MB disk size.

I changed the bios to legacy mode and i'm able to see the disk space and able to adjust the size.

With UEFI mode, it display 0MB and not able to install window OS on intelligent provisioning and manual installation

LogicalStep
Occasional Visitor

You need to go back the the raid configuration

& scroll down & select the boot drive

it will then work

MOosterbeek
Occasional Visitor

Any progress on this matter?  We're experiencing the same issue here.

Unfortanately, none of the helpfull suggestions posted here seem to work for me. 

Went back to the RAID config, scrolled down, selected boot device.  Then went ahead and simply pressed OK despite the "0 mb message". 

At first it seemed to install just fine. No errors, nothing. But then at first boot it hangs...

Help would be most welcome!

FaizalSalih
Occasional Advisor

Below fixed the issue  in my scenario.

Go to BIOS and change to legacy mode (for once) option. Please note that in legacy Bios you will not find intellegent Provisioning option.  Proceed to load the legacy bios option once it is loaded reset the server. On reset it will go back  to UEFI BIOS , choose intellegent provisining  now you can see the actual disk size.

MatrixKev
Occasional Visitor

Hi, I've come up against the same problem today - switching to legacy mode in BIOS and then back to UEFI didn't work, and although I can skip past the 0MB partition size and the OS will install and boot fine, I then can't resize the partition to an acceptable size as it fills the logical drive up and then Windows writes data to the middle of the partition.

I spoke to HP support and they indicated that they're aware of this issue and their developers are currently looking into it, and at present the only guaranteed workaround is to do a manual install without Intelligent Provisioning.

They also acknowledged that their developers are still looking into the issue whereby Intelligent Provisioning doesn't install any of the HP management tools (System Management Homepage, Smart Storage Administrator, iLO Configuration Utility etc), I reported that to them a couple of months ago.

StephaneB
Occasional Visitor

Hi

Same problem, but after 2 hours spent with french support (not aware of the problem) an idea which seems working and making less problem with system partition resizing in Windows.

- Creates an array with a logical drive of 120 Gb size

- Make installation with Intelligent Provisioning, choose customize, partition size is O Mb size, choose continue

- After Operating systeme setup, you can resize the logical drive in SSA to the full size of the array.

- Windows now see th full disk array size and you can manage your partition in windows.

You need to create a small logical drive first because instead Windows did not allow reducing the system partition less than the half of the nitial size (some unmouvable file are written in the middle of the partition).

Intelligent Provisioning 2.20 is full of bug :

- Problem with partition size using UEFI bios (works fine with legacy)

- Can't use French keyboard in IP screen

- Most of HP tools are not copy during setup (no array tools, no homepage...) as no cd provided we need to download the old SPP which is 5Gb size .

Please HP developpers wake up and make all your tools working fine as it was before. Price is not less but quality is not present and we spend more and more time preparing new server by finding solution to work with your tools.