ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751807 Members
4348 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant DL 100 G2 - What add-in NIC is I need to purchase?

Sergey Rusak

ProLiant DL 100 G2 - What add-in NIC is I need to purchase?

Hello all.

Our factory bought proliant dl 100 g2 but when i tryed team 2 NICs broadcom program told me that one of NICs is SMART and it couldn't team ethernets.

What models of NICs will work fine in team on this server? If it possible please give a link to right model or number or full name.

Thx.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Small and Medium Business) to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - HP Forums Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Re: ProLiant DL 100 G2 - What add-in NIC is I need to purchase?

hello
how can you tried to setup team using
hp teaming utility or broadcom utility ?
JYP
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Sorry to butt in on this thread...

I've just had the same problem this morning on a customer's DL100 G2.

They are using the Broadcom util (ver 3) and it says that NIC2 does not support teaming and I need to choose a supported adapter...

I've looked up the specs on the server and its supposed to have 2 embedded Broadcom 5751 NICs but if I look at the details on the Broadcom util, NIC 1 shows as a 5751 and NIC 2 as a 5721!

Has anyone seen this before?

I'd like to update the FW on the NICs but there is little to no software for this model on the HP support site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Teaming has been not qualified/supported by
HP on this platform.
you can download latest driver/firmware from broadcom directly and test at your own risk
JYP
_notis
Occasional Visitor

hi all

i have the same problemwith Dl100g1 and adapter 5751 &5721 from broadcom, did anyone find any solution?

thanks