1748267 Members
3723 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL360 G5 upgrades

chief_media
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant DL360 G5 upgrades

we currently have a ProLiant DL360 G5 that's been out of warranty for quite some time now running Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard that still has plenty of upgrade potential as it's a PDC and file server.  we'd like to upgrade this to Windows Server 2012, however doing so would require some hardware upgrades specifically RAM and maybe some faster HDDs.  would it be possible to obtain a package offering from HP that contains Windows Server 2012, CALs, and the usual HP monitoring software, as well as HDDs and RAM?  if not from HP, where would be a good place?

4 REPLIES 4
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Hi , check this QuickSpecs for this server : http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12476_na/12476_na.pdf

you can find on it all parts that can be placed into this Generation of server's

chief_media
Occasional Contributor

ok, so what about software wise, specifically Windows Server 2012 and the HP software that usually accompanies the hardware purchase?

scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

here you can found Windows Server Certification and Support HP ProLiant & BladeSystem Servers

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/windows/index.html

waaronb
Respected Contributor

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can still go to the downloads page for the product... The only restriction I've seen about being able to access a download is for the SPP.

That said, bear in mind that HP doesn't specifically support Server 2012 on any G5 models, however you can probably find what you need by looking at the G6 downloads for things like the ILO drivers. Most of the management software and other things willl work on both Server 2008 and 2012.

I have Server 2012 running on a DL380 G5 without any issues, all hardware being recognized and all of the HP agents, etc. so have faith that it should work. :)